When customers in the US finish building their AR-1 gyroplane in our Builder’s Assist Program, they are free to test fly it themselves or hire their own test pilot or ask our factory pilots to do the initial test flying for a fee to
1) track and balance the rotor blades,
2) reduce stick shake to acceptable levels,
3) make sure engine runs smooth and carbs are balanced,
4) Radio settings are set to work properly for intercom and transmission, and
5) finalize the rigging to have stick centered and all turns taken out in normal flight.
Here is a short video of doing some final touches at 2 hours of test flying a customer’s new AR-1. Check it out yourself how we try and leave it.